I finally found some time to create a new wiki page for all the
modesetting/configuration related DRM enhancements we've been talking about:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DrmModesetting

Please take a look and let me know what you think.  I still have to go through
all the feedback I received from the lkml post I made awhile back, and make
sure it's captured (I think it is, albeit at a fairly high level mostly), and
add more detail in the design and development sections.

Jakub, hopefully you can go over it and add more detail about the userland
APIs?

Dave and Keith, we talked about the new device node scheme awhile back, but I
only have notes on what the master node should be responsible for, did we
have any new ioctls for the slave nodes?  Ring buffer mapping, etc. should
probably be there?

Thanks,
Jesse