On Tuesday, October 2, 2007 10:49 am Philippe Gaultier wrote:
> 2007/10/2, Jesse Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > On Tuesday, October 2, 2007 8:28 am Philippe Gaultier wrote:
> > > Oct  2 00:32:18 coreduo i2c-adapter i2c-4: sendbytes: error -
> > > bailout. Oct  2 00:32:18 coreduo i2c-adapter i2c-4: unable to
> > > read EDID block. > Oct  2 00:32:19 coreduo i915 0000:00:02.0:
> > > TMDS-1: no EDID data
> >
> > This is probably the first thing to fix.  Can you play with the i2c
> > timings and see if you can get it to return some EDID data?  The X
> > server has some i2c code you can look at, as does the Intel DDX
> > driver. It's probably a timing issue, but may also be an i2c setup
> > problem in intel_sdvo.c (check against the DDX driver's i830_sdvo.c
> > file to see what might be missing).
>
> Can you tell me which file I should check in order to not break the
> whole drm-modesetting driver ?
>
> I think it should be :
>
>  - intel_i2c.c
>  - drm_edid.c
> and perhaps
>  - drm_crtc.c
>
> but I need your advice on this.

intel_i2c.c has the i2c timings and get/set routines, so it's a good
start.  drm_edid.c probably isn't very interesting in this case--it
just takes the EDID blob and turns it into its constituent modes and
monitor info structures.  Likewise, drm_crtc.c probably won't help in
this case, it just handles all the metadata allocation and
initialization.  So your best bet is intel_i2c.c and intel_sdvo.c since
you have an HDMI attached display.

Jesse