> Dave,
> I like the idea of moving over to clflush, but I still think we
> shouldn't use TT drmBOs for batch buffers and buffers with similar use.
> (i915tex uses a sub-allocator for batch buffers, which avoids the cache
> flushes completely during normal rendering).
> I think something similar should be used from the X server.

However you weren't doing in-kernel relocations.. ioremap/iounmap are both
causing flushes... so we would need to keep ioremapped cached copies of
the batchbuffer bo around.. which wastes vmalloc space.. or use kmap and
flush once per buffer.. my previous attempts to use kmap without flushing
failed badly..

Dave.