Dave Airlie wrote:

>On 10/31/07, Thomas Hellström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Dave Airlie wrote:

>>>http://www.linuxjournal.com/files/linuxjournal.com/linuxjournal/articles/061/6148/6148s1.html
>>>
>>>Is what I believe you are talking about, I'll add something to the
>>>comment mentioning this..
>>>

>>Yup. In the end I believe the "change_page_attr(), global_flush_tlb()"
>>sequence was the final outcome of this, but as I understand it,
>>with your new code we never write through the GTT, which makes the only
>>possible problem overwrites of GPU written data.
>>

>Well so far we've only dealt with Intel CPU/GPU combinations which
>hopefully don't suffer from this issue.. I'll put a comment in but tbh
>there are lots of ways to mess up things with the current APIs..
>
>Try allocating a snooped batchbuffer, or a snooped private back buffer
>or anything involved in a blit.... I'm going to add checks for some of
>the more stupid things in the Intel superioctl code...

Well i915 (and friends') snooped memory is, as you say not very useful,
but it works fine AFAICT for things like the flip move from VRAM (which
has been disabled ATM due to HW lock issues). Should also be fine for
readpixels and zero copy texturing, although I doubt that there is any
performance gain in the latter.

/Thomas