Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 09:30 +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
>> Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
>>
>>> Another problem is that it's not just swapbuffer - anything that
>>> touches the front buffer have to respect the cliprects - glCopyPixels
>>> and glXCopySubBufferMESA - and thus have to happen in the kernel.
>> These don't touch the real swapbuffer, just the fake one.  Hence they
>> don't care about cliprects and certainly don't have to happen in the
>> kernel...
>
> I'm not sure about glCopyPixels, but glXCopySubBufferMESA would most
> definitely be useless if it didn't copy to the real frontbuffer.

Yes, wasn't paying attention...  glxCopySubBufferMESA would do both -
copy to the fake front buffer and then trigger a damage-induced update
of the real frontbuffer.  Neither operation requires the 3d driver know
about cliprects, and the damage operation is basically a generalization
of the swapbuffer stuff we've been talking about.

Keith