Keith Packard wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 10:59 -0700, Brian Paul wrote:
>
>> Could a temporary/dummy parameter be added for a while?  Callers that
>> weren't updated would get an error/warning about too few arguments.
>> Then remove the dummy at some point in the future.
>
> We could change the use_old_fence_class into a HINT bit, that would
> reduce the number of parameters by one and cause compile errors for
> existing code. I'd rather not intentionally damage the API temporarily
> though; that seems fairly harsh.

Ultimately it's not that big of a deal - if this change makes sense on
it's own, then sure go ahead.

Otherwise it's only Poulsbo that I can think of being out-of-tree, and
we should be able to figure out what's going on there fairly quickly
(though obviously we'll forget all about this conversation until after
the next merge starts making it behave weirdly).

Keith