On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Abraham Varricatt
<abraham.varric...@gdatech.co.in> wrote:
> Can you please tell me what are the other make commands I need to run?
> Repeating myself, what I run now is,
> linux-headers-2.6.28-4-generic> make menuconfig
> linux-headers-2.6.28-4-generic> make drivers/gpu/drm
> linux-headers-2.6.28-4-generic> make drivers/gpu/drm.ko
>
> At this point I get the error message I mentioned in my last mail.

Although it was for another kernel version so I am not sure if it's
valid for 2.6.28, take a look at my notes here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=279628 The reason it looks a
bit complicated is that I build in a separate directory to keep the
original kernel source tree untouched. Hope this can help. More
generic instructions can be found at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kernel/Compile

Tormod