Hi,

Am Donnerstag 12 Februar 2009 06:29:27 schrieb Dave Airlie:
> So I have a goal to get a radeon driver that works on a bufmgr and that
> then can be used on non-mm/mm, and also where I can make DRI2 and FBOs
> work.

Yay!

[snip]
> So far I've been working on getting the legacy buffer/command code into
> shape so I can merge this in place of the current drivers without
> suffering any major regressions. Then start adding the code necessary for
> DRI2/GEM/FBOs on top of it. I think this code is pretty close to read to
> merge, I'd like people to bash on it, and report any major regressions
> above the current r100/r200/r300 codebases with these drivers.

Tested on an X800 and X1650 (both AGP, both TCL).

I'm running with
- kernel from your drm-rawhide branch on kernel.org, but modeset=0
- xf86-video-ati from your radeon-gem-cs2 branch
- completely bare X: only an xterm is running, no window manager
However, I have been testing with modeset disabled.

I've been testing with piglit, openarena, glest, sauerbraten (and fixing some
bugs along the way), and I don't see any regressions any more. However, on the
X1650, I get an error from the X server like this:

  (EE) RADEON(0): Unable to reserve offscreen area for back buffer, you might
  experience screen corruption

It occurs every time a GL context is created. It doesn't seem to cause any
problems, however, and may be more related to the DDX changes than the Mesa
changes.

So from an r300 perspective, this seems pretty merge-ready to me.

cu,
Nicolai