Alan Cox wrote:
>> Intel needs to hire Alan Cox.
>>

> Chortle.
>
> I think Mr Troll hasn't being paying attention to planet earth for the
> past six months ;)
>
> Alan

Acknowledged,

I hope you can make things better with your new employment.

But remember news only travels if you read specific websites.  I'm sorry the

news did not make headlines on msnbc.com or cnn.com.

I'm not green and fire doesn't kill me.  But massive changes to a stable
system does.

Maybe there was a need for the changes.  But it seemed like the wrong
way to handle the mess.

I would have started a new driver and not have changed the old one.

intel_drv.so  is too all encompassing.   Maybe intel_950, intel_960....

If you're running Ubuntu or Fedora.  They generally push out updates.
Most people just accept these and

to their surprise lose functionality.   This may be the fault of the
user + distrubtion maintainer.  But probably wasn't helped

by the developer's moment of reflection.

C'est la vie