> These patches break both free drivers out there. They not only break the
> API, they also require some of these ioctls to be used correctly for
> correct initialisation. There seems to be no attempt at working with
> these two drivers to fix this specific issue.

I'm looking for the API break but not really seeing it, I can see
additions to the API.

So it would be good if you could take a minute and write some inline
comments in a reply
to the patch, so we can track it.

The only one I'd worry about is the extending of drm_via_init_t with
two new parameters.

Granted if these ioctls are to be used by *chrome to workaround this
bug as well, then
it would be good if patches to those driver were made available so as
to get correct
operation.

Otherwise these patches fail for the usual reasons, they actively
revert a change made upstream
(removing linux/types.h and reverting all that), also this should be
one patch, we don't need .c and .h
separate all the time, its also impossible to bisect across that sort of thing.

Dave.