> As a first answer, without going in depth, as i just returned from my
> thursday constitutional.
>
> Do you have an explanation as to why this commit never made it to the
> kernel?

Because it probably wasn't  noticed, feel free to resend it.

I'm not sure why you need a version inside the via_drm.h but I'm
willing to accept that the via driver development process is messed up
enough to require it. No other driver has needed it.

> > > No version was bumped, because i believe these are against the kernel
> > > copy of the drm, because for some reason the kernel copy never saw
> > > commit 659e9a091d3.
>
> And why did you suddenly start to care, while you pretty much ignored
> this dead before? Would that be for technical reasons?

It was discussed on unichrome-lists, but not on dri-devel where normally
decisions like that would be done, but whatever, be paranoid, if you
really can't be useful then please don't bother being here at all.

Dave.