2009/11/6 Kristian Høgsberg <k...@bitplanet.net>:
> Hi,
>
> This has come up a few time and it's something I think makes a lot of
> sense.  Since all driver development (afaik) now happens in linux
> kernel tree, it makes sense to drop the driver bits from the drm.git
> repo.  I've put up a repo under

Actually, I don't think a separate libdrm makes much sense. We don't
want to add yet another outside component and ask ourselves questions
like "how do I maintain compatibility" (which, incidentally, have
already been raised).

Given this, IMO libdrm live somewhere alongside the kernel.
Furthermore when pulling outside stuff we driver devs can do a
kernel+DRM+libdrm pull at the same time which is a win.

And also users don't have to wonder where/how to pick the right
libdrm. You get the right one with your kernel.

Stephane