2009/12/24 Rafał Miłecki <zaj...@gmail.com>:
> I applied patches from http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/pm/ and now
> engine reclocks between 110MHz and 680MHz.
>
> The problem is I see ~10 black horizontal lines for a one frame time
> on almost every reclock. I tried to fix this or at least understand it
> somehow but without success.
>
> 1) Putting 500ms delay after every reclock doesn't improve anything
> 2) Reclocking between 110MHz and 130MHz (instead 680MHz) doesn't improve
> 3) Calling atombios_crtc_set_pll after reclocking doesn't improve
> 4) Calling ClockSource AtomBIOS commane after reclocking doesn't improve
>
> I tested 4th as SetEngineClock seems to play mostly with 0x0180 and
> ClockSource seems to be the only reading that register. Effects were
> horrible, don't ever call this AtomBIOS cammand ;)
>
> Do you have any other ideas?

On top of whats in drm-radeon-testing this avoids reclocking artifacts
on my rv530 laptop,

I timed the atom calls and they were taking 20ms which is waaay too
long, I decoded the
tables and it looks like they use udelays.

Though I suspect if we want to reclock other things like memory we
need to do it across
a few frames instead of all in one vblank.

Dave.