2010/2/4 Jerome Glisse <gli...@freedesktop.org>:
> IIRC old radeon drm doesn't have any thing to dump GPU command stream.
> Look at http://www.x.org/docs/AMD/R5xx_Acceleration_v1.4.pdf to see
> what radeon GPU stream command looks like (packet pm4 stuff)

Interesting read for the parts I can understand. But a lot of this
documentation goes way beyond my knowledge.

Looking at the logs I've recorded, I can see R300_CMD_PACKET0,
R300_CMD_WAIT, R300_CMD_PACKET3_RAW or R300_CMD_END3 traces. If I'm
not mistaken, they come from r300_cmdbuf.c but I don't have the
impression that they give sufficient information to isolate which
command triggers a GPU lockup, right?

As an alternative approach, I was wondering whether simple OpenGL
applications, with growing number of different OpenGL instructions,
would help diagnose the offending r300 command or not at all?

Émeric