On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 10:35 +0200, Dan Carpenter wrote:

> > In include/drm/drm_edid.h this array has 5 elements not 6.
> >
> > struct detailed_non_pixel {
> >         u8 pad1;
> >         u8 type; /* ff=serial, fe=string, fd=monitor range, fc=monitor name
> >                     fb=color point data, fa=standard timing data,
> >                     f9=undefined, f8=mfg. reserved */
> >         u8 pad2;
> >         union {
> >                 struct detailed_data_string str;
> >                 struct detailed_data_monitor_range range;
> >                 struct detailed_data_wpindex color;
> >                 struct std_timing timings[5];

This decl is wrong, should be 6.  From the 1.4 spec:

"Six additional Standard Timings may be listed as a display descriptor
(tag #FAh)."

The 1.3 spec is a little less explicit about it, but does show 6
standard timing codes in the 0xFA detailed subblock, terminated by 0x0A
in the 18th byte.  I don't have the docs for 1.2 or earlier, but we're
paranoid enough about not adding broken timings that we should be fine.

- ajax