After check, for me, reverting is OK enough. I did not find issues of
original implementation (related things look reasonable to me).

Original implementation really needs re-factor (but it is not urgent).
If we perform re-factor, for me, we need:

 - check all variables and parameters real using wide in this function.
   e.g.
     'b', 'buf', 'remain' are global wide within this function.
     'plen', 'ch' can be defined within 'while()'.
     'dbuf', 'dlen' can be defined within 'case' (but broken by 'goto').

 - separate all easy (more independent) blocks to another functions.
   that will let the main code smaller (e.g from 1000 to 200 lines).

 - after simplifies all things, process 'goto' statement.

And excuse me, I have no related environments to perform the test after
re-factor, so welcome any other members to help re-factor and perform a
test.

Welcome any additional suggestions, discussions and completions.

Thanks.

--
Chen Gang

Open, share and attitude like air, water and life which God blessed