On 12/01/2014 03:57 PM, George McCollister wrote:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Lars-Peter Clausen <l...@metafoo.de> wrote:
On 11/26/2014 10:45 PM, George McCollister wrote:

Output can be held high or low for a specified period of time.
Support for waveform capture could be added in the future.

That's a PWM device?

The device I'm adding only generates a single pulse per write, but my
intention was to leave the door open for other types of devices.

Can you try to elaborate more on how exactly this interface is supposed to be used, what kind of the devices it is used for, the use case of the device and so on. This patch is adding userspace ABI which we have to maintain forever so we should try to give this proper review, which is not easy without knowing what it actually is.

- Lars