Hi Alex, all,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Alex Elder <el...@ieee.org> wrote:
> The Greybus kernel code, developed as part of Google's Project Ara,
> is in the upstream Linux kernel tree (under drivers/staging).  The
> cancellation of that project makes the future for Greybus a bit less
> certain.  There is interest among the core developers of Greybus
> (and others) to do what we can to preserve the value of the Greybus
> implementation for use beyond its original target platform.  For
> that to have any chance of success, we need to establish some
> organization, and basically form a community of developers and
> interested parties.

Joining everybody else in saying that it sounds like a great idea :)

> Git repositories.  Public git repositories related to Project Ara
> are all hosted here:
>     https://github.com/projectara
> At this time I see no reason to move away from this, but it would
> not surprise me if we decided to host the code and documentation
> somewhere else at some future date.

I don't have much hope but would there be a way to find out whether
all the code that was developed between the moment we stopped using
github and the project was canceled could be pushed back to github?

It seems like it would greatly help Greybus have a second life if one
has access to the most up-to-date firmware source code to be used as a
reference.

(Egoistically, it would also help not having this awful impression of
wasted time if the work that was achieved during these few months of
closed-source development ends up being lost...)

> Web home page.  I have secured the "greybus.org" domain, so if there
> is any value in populating that page it could serve as the home page
> for the project.  It currently has no content.

Are the greybus specifications still available? Maybe the HTML
generated content of the specs could go there..

Cheers,
Joël