On Thu, 2017-01-19 at 13:10 +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> One thing I will say is that I have scripts to review when people
> pull
> parts of an ioctl into a separate patch.  So when you do that, please
> don't make too many white space changes if you can avoid it.  Those
> confuse my scripts.

I don't quite understand what you mean about the white space.   The
existing code doesn't conform to the while space requirements.  So if I
just move existing code around without modifying it checkpatch.pl will
detect it as new code and will scream at me a gazillion "you absolutely
must fix errors".  So it's kind of a catch-22.

All these silly white space issues in the existing code could be fixed
in 10 seconds with netbeans or eclipse at once and we would be done
with it for good.  Essentially just run the whole driver through the
pretty printer.  In fact, I don't know why that wasn't done with the
initial check-in or how any of this existing code was able to be
checked in without a gazillion checkpatch.pl errors...