On Thu, 2019-02-28 at 11:23 -0300, Renato Lui Geh wrote:

The patch-series is a bit big.
I guess that the intent is to move this out-of-staging, but various patches
are holding this in it's place.
For patch series above a certain size, you could get many re-spins
[V2,3,4... so on].

You could send some of the changes as individual patches, or group them in
series of 1,2 or 3 patches. That way, you "parallelize" patch sending, and
when you get reviews on each patch, you can re-spin them individually.
You'll find over time that certain patches get accepted on V1, others on V2
and some on V7 [ hopefully, there isn't any frustration at that point ].

Well, this is a technique I use to distribute some of my upstream-patch-
work, so that I can switch easier between internal-work & upstreaming-work.

Coming back to this patch-series.
My general input, is that the patches are fine over-all; some are just
cosmetics/noise/a-different-way-of-doing-things-for-this-driver, and those
usually can be left to preference [of the maintainer usually].

I do suggest to not hurry when re-spinning patches, and not change too much
the number of patches in a new series. That can complicate things
sometimes. But, if doing small patch-series or individual patches, you
won't have this problem too much.

Thanks
Alex