On 11/25/2012 08:48 AM, Andrew Hutchings wrote:
Hi guys,

Anyone who has been watching Launchpad has probably noticed I've been
working on a new branch called libdrizzle-redux in
https://launchpad.net/libdrizzle

This has been born out of the need to have a simplified libdrizzle API.
  No more mixing up who allocated what.  It is also client only, the
server-side components are stripped out.

I have re-engaged the bug tracker on the libdrizzle project and started
adding things in there related to redux.  I'm hoping to have the first
version of it out in the next few weeks.  It will be version 3.0 so as
not to confuse with libdrizzle 1.0 and 2.0.

I propose the following:
++ to all 3 :)
Looking forward to giving it a try.

1. in the libdrizzle project set the main libdrizzle 1.0 branch to
Abandoned.

2. make the libdrizzle-redux branch the primary branch

3. any libdrizzle 1.0 development happens in the main drizzle tree

The main reasons for this are:

1. libdrizzle-redux branch is actively developed libdrizzle branch is not

2. libdrizzle branch contains all the commits of drizzle in its history

3. libdrizzle branch is broken, if you can get it to compile it doesn't
work with MySQL 5.5 onwards.

4. libdrizzle in drizzle's trunk has more features (such as SSL) than
libdrizzle's branch

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Kind Regards