Hi all,

It's been a while since DSpace 6.2 was released, and in that time a lot of
fixes and improvements have been identified.
There's currently a push to get a version 6.3 released soon. But we can't
do it alone!

If you know of an open JIRA issue or contribution that you really want to
see make it into 6.3, you can give it some attention by posting a message
to the DSpace Developer List
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dspace-devel>, and/or giving it a
shout-out in the #dev channel in the DSpace Slack
<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Slack>

If you're able to volunteer time to code up a solution related to a JIRA
issue that needs a volunteer, send in that Pull Request against the
dspace-6_x branch!

If you're able to review and test an open Pull Request to help get it
approved and merged, please do try out some PRs currently waiting for
reviews and give your comments / results to help us keep things moving.

Also, if you'd like to help with release team tasks (organisation,
communication, documentation, preparing for technical release tasks),
please let us know.

We've got a page documenting the status of each issue that could be ready
for release in 6.3. It is quite a large list, and there's a lot of work
still needed, so there's no guarantee everything in this list will make it
in. That's why we need volunteers to help prioritise, code, test, and
review contributions!
The 6.3 status page is here:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+6.3+Status

DSpace contribution guidelines and support are at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Contribution

Cheers,

Kim

M: k...@shepherd.nz
T: @kimshepherd
W: www.shepherd.nz <http://shepherd.nz/>

0CCB D957 0C35 F5C1 497E CDCF FC4B ABA3 2A1A FAEC