I would say something like the database config / connection string would be
the only thing that *needs* to stay in the configs.

So if everything else moved to the DB, then that could be easily/safely
modified in an admin section of the user interface, by the admin user.
Somewhat like modifying settings.

Peter Dietz
Systems Developer/Engineer
Ohio State University Libraries