All,

There was more discussion on this thread during the Developers Meeting
yesterday (May 19).

http://wiki.dspace.org/confluence/display/DSPACE/DevMtg+2010-05-19

It came up that several developers felt it'd be nice to have an
automated email remind us of issues which are unassigned or "stagnant"
(i.e. haven't changed in a while).

Today I did some digging, and figured out that we *can* do this
automatically with Jira by subscribing for updates to a custom Jira
Filter.  We can also choose the timeframe (weekly, monthly, etc)

So, I've set up a few sample custom filters (any of which we can set up
an auto-email notification on)

(1) Stale Issues (bugs which haven't been updated in over 6 months):
http://jira.dspace.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10062

(2) All Unassigned Bugs (bugs-only, not features/improvements):
http://jira.dspace.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10060

(3) All Unassigned Feature Requests (features or improvements requested):
http://jira.dspace.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10061

The only catch is, I *cannot* seem to subscribe the 'dspace-devel'
listserv to receive these updates.  Rather, I can only subscribe
individual users who are signed up in JIRA as users.  So we could set
this up as a reminder to the Committers (or any other interested
developers who want to join that JIRA group) -- but, I don't see an easy
way to get it to go to this listserv directly.

Thoughts?  Would folks see this as a good thing?  Would we just want a
reminder of stale issues, or of everything that is unassigned or both?

- Tim