Jeff,

Unfortunately, There is significantly more than just the Community table that
is effected here.  You actually loose the Item, Metadata and Bundle table
entries that were present.  All that is left is the Bitstream Table with the
flag that the Bitstream has been deleted. You would need to restore the
database from a backup to recover that database state for not only the
Community and Collections objects, but also the Item and Bundle Objects the
Bitstreams were attached to.

This is unfortunate news. The only other possibility for recovering the data
may be if a third party harvested your OAI gateway and has indexed those dc
records, unfortunately, I think such data would also be partial.

Sorry the news is not better.
Mark

Mark R. Diggory
Head of U.S. Operations - @mire