On 4 May 2011 15:12, Mark H. Wood <mw...@iupui.edu> wrote:

> As usual, I want to quibble about terms.  To me, an "event" is
> something that has already happened and I (as an event consumer) am
> merely being notified that it has happened.  So event notices can be
> delivered whenever we get around to it.

Fair enough. I would tend to talk about messages as being what's passed
around (and can be synchronous), and events as being a special type of
message (which is asynchronous).

However, I do note that Spring has an internal synchronous notification
system, in which it delivers ApplicationEvent. Whilst I wouldn't necessarily
take that terminology out of choice, I wouldn't go to the lengths of
building / integrating a different system, so I would be obliged to take on
their terminology.