Yes, I think an exercise in this direction would be clear if we can get the ok
from the community to allow progress to go forward on

1.) Let the API changes (class signature change and dependency on
dspace-core-api) go into the trunk so that people can actually start to work
with them
2.) Finalize those Repository and core service interfaces that are needed to be
in dspace-core-api
3.) release the services implementation that shims the dspace-api and exposes
those core services in the service manager
4.) Let someone like Peter start to expand and consolidate common business code
into those services.

Mark