Hi Robin,

> Is this intended as a replacement for the existing Sword module or would
> it sit alongside as an alternative ?

It would probably co-exist with v1 for now.

> When would you anticipate the multipart handling being fixed ? The
> testathon takes place in a couple of weeks time and it would really need
> to be done before then.

The multipart support is more 'missing', than 'broken'.  We've been surprised
at how hard it is to find a good multipart java library (they've had the same
problem with the Fedora implementation).  The impact of that is that one of the
new deposit methods won't yet work, but it doesn't stop the rest of SWORD v2
being used.

Including v2 support now will greatly extend the remote deposit facilities and
methods we have in DSpace.  Hopefully we'll get multipart cracked in time for a
point release so that the implementation fully matches the spec.

Cheers,

Stuart Lewis
Digital Development Manager
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)9 373 7599 x81928