Hi David,

>       I'm new in this list so, please, my apologizes if this is not the right
> procedure to do ask.

Welcome!  This is a fine place to ask.

>       I would like to know if there is any way of getting the current user,
> that is, the org.dspace.eperson.EPerson object assigned to the current
> session. Is there any getCurrentUser() method (or similar) anywhere in the
> framework?

Most classes will make use of the DSpace 'context' somewhere, which has a
getCurrentUser() method.  See org/dspace/core/Context.java (in dspace-api
project).

I hope this helps,

Stuart Lewis
Digital Development Manager
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)9 373 7599 x81928