This is a great tool for recovering from a sticky situation of our own
making.  Thank you!

I think, though, that at this point we ought to consider it a one-time
repair rather than a routine maintenance tool.  Leaving Solr as the
primary long-term storage for these data seems unwise, and if we
change that, then from that point on we only need the reload side.  I
would suggest not elaborating the dump side much further for a little
while, as we sort out whether we want to change the way we use Solr.

By the way:  what sort of tools *do* we need for ElasticSearch?

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library