Hi, yesterday I was looking at the access stats in google analytics for a
small DSpace repository and found some unexpected peaks that started right
after upgrading dspace from 5.5 to 6.0-rc2 on July the 24th (see chart 1).
The activity is so high since that day that previous activity seems almost
zero.

After checking GA's Network Domain stats I've found that all these new
access are caused by 'download' events of bitstreams, and also that more
than 90% are BOTs accesses (see chart 2).
Dspace 5 introduced a new feature for recording bitstreams downloads in
Google analytics (http://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2088) but it seems it
did not work previously (in this repo) and that it started to work after
upgrading to ds6 (perhaps because of fix
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2695)

Despite it is very nice to record bistream's downloads in Google Analytics,
I think that only valid human downloads should be recorded in order to keep
trustworthy stats.
A temporal fix would be to use GA filters and evict known bot's network
domains (googlebot.com , yahoo, etc) from stats, however downloads made by
unknown bots would still be recorded and would obfuscate the real numbers,

For Now, we will disable GoogleRecorderEventListener.
Perhaps someone can give us an idea on how to workaround this issue?

Regards,
Ariel

*CHART 1*

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--W_aRtIEQew/V_PZUSetaSI/AAAAAAAAK1g/zEQt-fSw--Ibm0Q-3TZ8vIQbs39CsLdgwCLcB/s1600/Selecci%25C3%25B3n_056.png>