I am reposting my query from last week since I did not received any
feedback from the list.

I would be ready to fill a JIRA ticket for this one if someone points me in
this direction.

Thanks in advance,

Marie-Hélène Vézina
Bibliothèques, Université de Montréal

***

[Context : running XMLUI v.5.4 Mirage 2, configuration option
"webui.licence_bundle.show" in dspace.cfg set to false]

Hi,

I understand that setting "webui.licence_bundle.show" to false will not
display, on the item page, any button (or plain link not sure) linking to
the license text BUT
the license is still accessible by using retrieval links like:

http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10673/18/license.txt

I thought that deposit agreement (license.txt) was kept private by default
and only admins could access it?

My understanding is that DS-426 patch provided a way to do this for JSPUI
(by testing if admin or not admin):

+        boolean displayLicense =
ConfigurationManager.getBooleanProperty("webui.licence_bundle.show", false);
+        boolean isLicense = false;
(...)
+            // Check whether we got a License and if it should be displayed
+            Bundle bundle = bitstream.getBundles()[0];
+
+            if (bundle.getName().equals(Constants.LICENSE_BUNDLE_NAME) &&
+
 bitstream.getName().equals(Constants.LICENSE_BITSTREAM_NAME))
+            {
+                    isLicense = true;
+            }
+
+
+            if (isLicense && !displayLicense &&
!AuthorizeManager.isAdmin(context))
+                throw new AuthorizeException();
             log.info(LogManager.getHeader(context, "view_bitstream",
                     "bitstream_id=" + bitstream.getID()));

But where is the equivalent for XMLUI?...or am I missing something....?