On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Donald Bynum <byn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Terry.  This now leads me to an associated question.  Currently I am
> using PasswordAuthentication.  I want to get LDAP authentication working,
> but I need to do some research on which attributes we are using in our AD.
> Can I switch back and forth between Password and LDAP authentication
> protocols without doing any "damage"?

You can have both authentication options enabled at the same time,
look at authentication.cfg and the related documentation.

However, assuming you want LDAP autoregistration on, any accounts that
have logged in will have an EPerson created in DSpace. Just make sure
to map the correct attribute to netid (you can think of it as the
primary key which identifies users in DSpace). Any other attributes
can be remapped later and their values will be updated upon the next
login of that user.

Regards,
~~helix84