We are running DSpace 5.6 and we would like to know what are the best
methods to embargo
1. item bitstreams until specific date
2. entire item (metadata and item bitstreams) until specific date

The bitstreams/items we embargo are critical (patents being applied or soon
submitted to journal) and i wanted to make sure the method is safe and will
not make anything public until embargo date. I guess the last option would
be to not upload them but i wanted to check what method is followed by
other users for hiding critical data.

Please suggest.