Dear Rohit,

For items that are already in the repository, you can embargo them through
the authorizations screen (reached through "edit this item"). If you want
users to only see the metadata, but not the bitstreams, you can set the
Item Policies to READ for anonymous (this will let everyone see the
metadata).  Policies for bundles and bitstreams can also be set to READ,
but with a start date (equal to the date on which the embargo ends). You
can set this for every group of users
If you want to embargo all items in a collection, you can also use the
Advanced Policy Manager.

ADD, REMOVE and ADMIN are permissions on communities and collections
(meaning you can add an item, remove an item or both).

Regards,
Marina