Hi Margaret

In the user interface you can delete communities.
So if your 500 collections are all in the same community AND there is nothing
else you could just delete the community and recreate it

If there are only a few ‘real’ collection in the community  you could
+ create a new community
+ move the few collections to there
+ delete the original community
+ rename the new community with the name of the original one

You’ll end up with a new handle for the community - but all other handles stay
the same

Moving collections is not supported in the UI I believe - but it is fairly easy
to do in the database
If that is a possible approach and I can help figure out the SQL for moving

Monika

Monika Mevenkamp
mo.me...@gmail.com

http://mo-meven.tumblr.com/