Dear All,

I'm having trouble using the automatic harvest scheduler both in the XMLUI
and in the command line. The version of DSpace the server is running on is
6.3. When I use the command line (dspace harvest -S), the command line
returned the following error:

Starting harvest loop... running.
org.dspace.core.exception.DatabaseSchemaValidationException: The schema
validator returned: null
        at org.dspace.core.Context.init(Context.java:170)
        at org.dspace.core.Context.<init>(Context.java:126)
        at
org.dspace.harvest.HarvestScheduler.scheduleLoop(HarvestScheduler.java:149)
        at
org.dspace.harvest.HarvestScheduler.run(HarvestScheduler.java:140)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "Thread-4"
org.dspace.core.exception.DatabaseSchemaValidationException: The schema
validator returned: null
        at org.dspace.core.Context.init(Context.java:170)
        at org.dspace.core.Context.<init>(Context.java:126)
        at
org.dspace.harvest.HarvestScheduler.scheduleLoop(HarvestScheduler.java:234)
        at
org.dspace.harvest.HarvestScheduler.run(HarvestScheduler.java:140)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The log showed the message below after running the command dspace harvest
-S:

2018-09-12 13:14:57,708 FATAL org.dspace.core.Context @ Cannot obtain the
bean which provides a database connection. Check previous entries in the
dspace.log to find why the db failed to initialize. The schema validator
returned: null
2018-09-12 13:14:57,709 ERROR org.dspace.harvest.HarvestScheduler @
Exception on iteration: 0
2018-09-12 13:14:57,713 FATAL org.dspace.core.Context @ Cannot obtain the
bean which provides a database connection. Check previous entries in the
dspace.log to find why the db failed to initialize. The schema validator
returned: null

When using the Harvesting tab in the XMLUI control panel, after clicking
Start Harvester, the page returned this message:

failed to lazily initialize a collection of role:
org.dspace.content.DSpaceObject.metadata, could not initialize proxy - no
Session

Although when I press the back button of the browser, the status says that
the scheduler is waiting for collections to harvest. It seems that the
automatic scheduler from the UI is now running although it didn't harvest
any new items from the collections that I've set up for harvesting because
I have been receiving email messages from the server informing me of a
Harvest error. Below is the content of the harvest error message:

Collection 5bee1194-648c-4136-8671-ddc43fc3f85f failed on harvest: