From: dspace-tech@googlegroups.com <dspace-tech@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Romy Forrer
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2023 6:00 PM
To: DSpace Technical Support <dspace-tech@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [dspace-tech] Re: help - our repository administrator account was
accidentally deleted

You don't often get email from
romster...@gmail.com<mailto:romster...@gmail.com>. Learn why this is
important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>

Caution: This email originated from outside our organisation. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.

Thanks Stuart - we do have other administrator accounts already so can still do
admin things ok (the one that got deleted was the original one created via that
script many moons ago).
Before posting this I didn't realise there was functionality in Dspace 7 to
allow for deletion of e-person accounts with associated submissions (since
found the PR related to it), was actually wondering how on earth it happened in
the first place.
Now we are grappling with whether to try and reinstate that account and all its
ties to former submissions via database edits (seems like it will be a bit
painful to update all the right tables) or just to let it go, leave the
submissions as orphans and create a new admin account with the same groups as
the old one to use going forward.  Unsure if there are now some items possibly
stuck in workflow pools or if the account deletion process would have taken
care of all that nicely - if the latter is true we will likely not bother to
try and reconnect the orphan submissions.

Kind Regards,

Romy
On Friday, September 22, 2023 at 3:36:16 PM UTC+12