Dear,

We are implementing DSpace version 6.3 and enabling ORCID for two metadata
fields (dc.contributor.author, dc.contributor.advisor).

However, when we try to add the same author with the same ORCID ID under
two *different* metadata fields (as main author and advisor), we have
noticed  that the system is assigning two different  authority keys to each
metadata field even though both are linked to the same ORCID id . The only
difference is the metadata field that holds this data.  As a result, once
we browse authors, it shows two author records as both assigned to two
different authority keys.

In our configuration, we have configured two authority indexes per
metadata, one for  author and other for advisor as shown below.

authority.author.indexer.field.1=dc.contributor.author

authority.author.indexer.field.2=dc.contributor.alternativeAuthor

authority.author.indexer.field.3=dc.contributor.advisor

Could you please advise if it’s possible to assign the same authority keys
for the same authors regardless where it’s stored in which metadata.