My understanding is that each field under authority control is considered
unique and distinct from the others, and will therefore be given different
authority control IDs.  As far as I know (and I think this holds for DSpace
7.6 as well as 6.x) there is no way to share the authority control data
across multiple fields.

And to make matters worse, authority control comes with a "confidence"
value. If the confidence values also differ, then the author may be listed
again.  Our ETD system deposits directly into DSpace, some people don't
bother with the Lookup feature in DSpace 6.x, some do.  The end result is a
mess of authority control records, with differing confidence values, in
multiple metadata fields, all for the same person. We've seen the same
author name repeated in our author browse 5 or 6 times.

- Darryl