Hello!

We have entities enabled in DSpace 7.6 - still in testing mode. I have a
few conceptual questions about entities related to the submission forms.

I'm looking at the <name-map> section in item-submission.xml.

The documentation intro on Configuring Entities says "Normal Items are
still the "default" Item, and they are unchanged.  So, not every Item is an
Entity." (
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Configurable+Entities#ConfigurableEntities-Introduction
)
So, in terms of the item-submission form, does that mean that the default
traditional form is still available for collections that are not assigned
as entities and I would leave the following in place:

        <!-- Default submission process -->

        <name-map collection-handle="default"
submission-name="traditional"/>

while specifically defining which collections are entities by associating
them with the collection-entity-type list:

        <name-map collection-entity-type="Publication"
submission-name="Publication"/>

        <name-map collection-entity-type="Person" submission-name="Person"/>

We migrated content from our DSpace 6x. When I edit collections on the UI,
I see the drop-down box to assign an entity type. They are currently blank.
If I assign a particular collection to an entity type through the UI, will
all items in that collection inherit that entity type and be available for
relationships? Does entity assignment through the UI impact which
submission form is associated with it? Or do you always have to
explicitly map collections to entities in item-submission.xml?

I want to add a custom submission form for ETDs. If we use the entity
model, does that mean I need to add a custom "ETD" entity type to this file:

[dspace]/config/entities/relationship-types.xml

and then re-run the initialize entities script?

[dspace]/bin/dspace initialize-entities -f
[dspace]/config/entities/relationship-types.xml

Thanks for the help!
Joanna