Hy everybody.

Currently, the entire document submission part of our repository is on
Dspace 6. On the same machine, our handle server is also running, which is
in the version that came with dspace 6.

We are updating our dspace to version 7.6.1.

After the company I work for updated the annual payment to the CNRI, we now
want to run the handles server that came with version 7.6.1.  The prefix
will remain the same. I would like to know what the correct steps are to
update/change the handle server. The handle server will run on the same
machine as dspace 7.6.1. In the handle.net documentation I found the
following:

https://handle.net/faq.html#12

[image: image.png]

So, the *first step* would be to copy the bdbje folder, which is inside
[dspace]/handle-server on the dspace6 machine, to the [dspace]/handle-sever
folder on dspace 7.6.1.

The *second step*, according to dspace documentation (
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Handle.Net+Registry+Support),
would be to run the command ./dspace make-handle-config
/dspace/handle-server on the dspace 7.6.1 machine. This command will result
in the /dspace/handle-server/sitebndl.zip file.

*Finally*, we must send the sitebndl.zip file to the email:
hdlad...@cnri.reston.va.us

Is there something missing, or are the steps correct?

Aroldo