We have our db connections set to 30.  We are being heavily crawled right
now, and it seems like when we get to 30 "idle in transaction" connections
to the db, we start getting the errors that the connection pool is being
exhausted, and tomcat has to be restarted to get dspace to work again.

It seems like connections to the db are getting stuck.  Any suggestions out
there on how to solve this problem?