Hi Jayan,

> I will try out with your suggestion. Please comment regarding the following

> (1) how do i make the http://dspacedev1:8080/dspace/ldap-login
> <http://dspacedev1:8080/dspace/ldap-login>  page available when a user clicks
> the myDspace option from Dspace home page.

This should happen automatically if you have ldap.enable set to true, and
the LDAPAuthentication in your authentication method stack.

> (2) Is it fine to create users that are automatically getting registered
> through the above login page.

It should be fine, as they have no privileges to do anything. You can
disable LDAP auto registration by editing the following line in dspace.cfg:

## webui.ldap.autoregister ##

#

# This will turn LDAP autoregistration on or off.  With this

# on, a new EPerson object will be created for any user who

# successfully authenticates against the LDAP server when they

# first login.  With this setting off, the user

# must first register to get an EPerson object by

# entering their ldap username and password and filling out

# the forms.

webui.ldap.autoregister = true

> (3) The Dspace config file and LDAPServlet file are the files to be modified
> when we try to use Acive Directory services for LDAP authentication.

It should be possible to authenticate against AD without any modifications.
We used to, until we built a new redundant LDAP service. We used the
following values:

ldap.provider_url = ldap://my-ad-service.aber.ac.uk:389
ldap.id_field = cn
ldap.object_context = cn=users,dc=psv,dc=aber,dc=ac,dc=uk
ldap.search_context = cn=users,dc=psv,dc=aber,dc=ac,dc=uk
ldap.email_field = mail
ldap.surname_field = sn
ldap.givenname_field = givenName
ldap.phone_field = telephoneNumber

Obviously these will need changing for your AD.

> Have a nice weekend.

You too! :)

Stuart