From: Pan Family [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sat 2/24/2007 11:02 AM
To: Jayan Chirayath Kurian
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] how can I find out the collectionID?

Hi Jayan (or anyone who knows how to do batch submission):

I am still unable to do batch submission.  Here is what I did:
(1) Created a directory, /Users/pan/tmp and put 3 files under it:
Content (a text file, attached); Dublin_core.xml (attached); and
batch_import.pdf (the doc I wanted to submit to DSpace);
(2) Ran:
pan$ dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport --add [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--collection=123456789/2 --source=/Users/pan/tmp --mapfile=/Users/pan/test_map
Destination collections:
Owning  Collection: PODAAC collection
Adding items from directory: /Users/pan/tmp
Generating mapfile: /Users/pan/test_map

No error message was shown, but the pdf file was not imported.
An empty test_map file was generated.  I also ran filter-media
and found that all bitstreams were skipped because no new
doc has been added.

I found out from 1.4.1 beta 1 System Doc (pp. 22) that
there are batch tools and registration is an althernate means
to upload bitstreams, but no details or examples are provided.
Can you provide links to more details or examples please?

Thanks a lot for your help!

-Pan