Hi,

     I hope this question is appropriate for this forum.

     I have made some modifications to JAVA program SFXLinkTag.java in
DSpace 1.3.2 and 1.4.1, so that I write the value of a couple of variables
to the error log (at the warning level).  Here are the simple code changes I
made to make it work:

Import org.Apache.log4j.Logger;

Private static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(SFXLinkTag.class);

Log .warn("sfxoff = "

                           + URLEncoder.encode(sfxoff[0].value,

                              Constants.DEFAULT_ENCODING));

My question is this:  How do I make these same changes in a .jsp, such as
display-item.jsp?   I was able to figure out the syntax for the 1st and last
lines of code, but didn't know what to do with the parameter inside Logger
getLogger(                                   ), and of course got an error
when I completely left this line out.

Thanks in advance,

Sue Walker-Thornton

NASA Langley ConITS Contract