Dspacers

I am a newbie dspace installer!

My dspace server is behind a firewall with the following ports open for
TCP broadcast and receive:

2641 (for the handle protocol)

8080 (for http access to the dspace)server

It seems that there is also a port 8000 needed for http for a handle??
Could you please verify and explain this as I need my firewall
administrator to open this.

I am using a Dspace ver1.4.2 installation (Redhat enterprise server) and
ran the script provided by dSpace to make a config for the handle
server. The dspace.cfg file has the following:

Handle.prefix = 10210

Handle.dir = $(dspace.dir)/handle-server

I am concerned that the config.dct file is empty? Is this normal when
using a dspace handle configuration?

When trying to access a created handle I get the following email :

You submitted: Die honde

To collection: Chemistry

Your submission has been accepted and archived in DSpace,
and it has been assigned the following identifier:
http://hdl.handle.net/10210/6

Please use this identifier when citing your submission.

Many thanks!

UJ DSpace Team

And when trying to follow the provided link:

Error - Cannot Connect to Server

The handle you requested --

10210/6

-- cannot be found.

Please contact us
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]&body=The
%20following%20handle%20was%20not%20found:%0D%0A10210/6%20%0D%0AThe%20re
ferring%20page%20was:%20%0D%0A>  if you wish to report this error.
Please include information regarding where you found the handle

________________________________

size=1 width="80%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

Handle System Web Site <http://www.handle.net/>

Thanks for your help.

Barrie Swanepoel

IT Coordinator