And as I recall, we couldn't distribute it with the DSpace codebase
because it contained some code under the GPL... so it's an add-on
that has to be downloaded separately (and many have).

We talked about adding Z39.50 support a long time ago, but
nobody really wanted it and SRU seemed like the right way to go.

MacKenzie