Then the application is falling over during startup. The two most
obvious causes:

1) The configuration item in web.xml that points to dspace.cfg does not
match the location of the file.

2) The initialisation servlet is throwing an exception due to running
under a security manager, and therefore it can't read the system properties.

Either way, you need to check the Tomcat log files to see what error
message is being written.

>>> 3 - visiting http://localhost:8080 with Firefox displays Apache Test Page
>>> 4 - visiting http://localhost:8080/dspace results in a 404 error: Not Found