On Dec 13, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Floyd, Randall Dean wrote:
> As long as that handle server is really running and listening on the
> IP/port that you registered with CNRI, and as long as the running Java
> process can connect to the same database, and as long it has some way
> of accessing the DSpace configuration file, then I don't see why this
> can't be done.  To my knowledge it doesn't need access to anything
> else
> in that DSpace home besides the configuration; I don't think it needs
> the real assetstore or the indexes.

While it doesn't need the assetstore or the indexes, it does need
dspace.jar, the database driver (e.g., postgresql.jar), and possibly
some other jars they rely on. The handle server uses several classes
from the core code to interact with the database. You should be able
to copy the entire lib directory to the second server, then use the
regular start-handle-server and dsrun scripts to load all of the jars.

--- Ryan